My goal in the one-on-one session is for you to experience as optimal a benefit as possible from the initial script I create for you. Because the method involves minimizing disruption to the flow of your breathing, I recommend the following:
1) Please hold your comments and questions as we move through the script. Having questions is a natural part of the process. You may be interested in how a certain movement is helping your condition or you may be curious as to my thoughts on if something you feel in your body ties back to something you do in your life. These are normal questions to have. Don't worry about forgetting your questions. The most important questions will linger at the end of the session and those are typically the ones we want to address.
2) Do speak up if you are experiencing pain, especially nerve pain or pain that you perceive is 5 or above on a 1-10 scale. Pay attention to your breath. The breath will clearly indicate if something we are having you do is problematic.
3) If you are confused about a movement I am describing through verbal cues you can ask me to demonstrate it for you.
4) Tell me before we meet how you feel you learn most readily - I will take that into consideration. Please inform me of any learning disabilities or sensory impairments to learning you have.
5) Throughout the session, I will be asking you how something feels or if you feel something specific. Though having you speak does interrupt your breathing, your verbal response is valuable and helps me understand you as well as helps me to help you. I usually do not need a lengthy response, oftentimes short and to the point is good enough.
Following these guidelines will help us to stay within the time frame allotted for the session. Please note I do have an overtime policy. Each additional 15 minutes to a session is charged at a rate of $22.50.
Link to return to Personal Consultation information.